Jefferson, Iowa, population 4,182, is seeking a visionary leader who will be able to see the big picture, be a strategic thinker with the ability to make sound decisions that are in the city’s best interest. The City Administrator should have knowledge with economic development and tax increment financing, long and short-term financial planning, including capital project and capital equipment planning experience, and be an active and approachable ambassador for the community.
Jefferson is a unique Main Street Community located in west central Iowa, centrally located between the Sioux City, Iowa, Des Moines, Iowa and Omaha, Nebraska metropolitan areas. The City Administrator has 8 department heads. There are 31 full-time, 16 permanent part-time and approximately 30 seasonal employees. The annual operating budget is approximately $3.3 Million. To learn more about Jefferson, the position profile and job description, visit their website at https://cityofjeffersoniowa.org/city-departments/employment-information/
Education and Experience
• Graduation from four (4) year college or university with Graduation from an accredited College or University with an emphasis in Public or Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field
• Three (3) years of related experience and/or training in a municipality; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Salary and Benefits
• $110,000 to $130,000 annually, depending upon qualifications
• Holidays, Vacation, and Personal Sick Leave
• Health and Life Insurance are available
• IPERS and 457 deferred compensation retirement benefits are available
• A vehicle is provided or mileage reimbursement
• Must obtain valid Iowa Driver’s License
• Residency within the city limits is required within six months of employment unless an extension is mutually agreed upon
• Greene County Community Center Single Membership
• Jefferson Golf Course Single Membership
Required Application Materials
Confidential materials such as a cover letter, resume, salary history, and five professional references should be sent to:
Elizabeth Hansen, Midwest Municipal Consulting LLC
Materials are due no later than noon CST on February 17, 2023.